Finative - Full Stack Developer
Do you want to be a part of an exciting startup? Are you looking to expand your development skills and make your mark?
Finative is a fast-growing FinTech startup based in South Wales and founded in the Alacrity Foundation, Newport. We provide digital solutions to independent financial service providers, to enhance the support they provide for their clients and transform their services. Our goal is to help to make access to financial support between providers and clients a frictionless experience with technology enhanced support.
Don't worry if your experience or background doesn't match all of these areas, we believe a broad spectrum of experience provides great perspective on solving problems in new and innovative ways and we’d love to hear from you.
- You will be working closely with Finative’s CTO to design, code and implement new product features on our real time web application.
- There’ll be lots of responsibility: customer feature requests, deployments, integrations and bug fixing are key parts of the role.
- You will be building reusable code and libraries for future use, while optimising the code for maximum speed and scalability.
- Work will vary between frontend and backend. You will also be writing unit tests and implementing security measures.
What we offer:
- Technology - You will be working with new technologies, for example Open Banking and Vue.js.
- New Team - you will be an early hire in a growing team. Giving you the opportunity to shape the company culture and make a real impact.
- Freedom - We offer relative freedom in how you complete tasks, as long as they are completed to requirements.
- Remote First - We have flexible working hours and all work remotely. This will also be an option post COVID19.
- Impact - As a startup, your work will be put into the hands of customers. Your work matters!
- Learning - We expect you to learn on the job and from your own reading. We provide time for personal development, but the main learning opportunity will be from hands-on development and solving problems.
- Culture - Finative fosters open communication and a friendly atmosphere. We run fortnightly sprints, with regular stand-up meetings. Company direction and progress is clearly communicated to all employees.
What we’re looking for:
- Enthusiasm for the role, and a desire to work in a startup environment.
- Clear communication skills and ability to work in a team.
- Initiative, resourcefulness and common sense.
- Interest in new technology and staying current of development best practices.
- PHP and related frameworks, ideally Laravel.
- HTML5 & CSS3.
- RESTful HTTP & WebSockets technologies.
- Understanding of code versioning tools such as Git.
- Understanding of Amazon web services for use with web applications. Particularly use of Elastic Beanstalk, S3 and RDS with use of MySQL.
- Understanding of automated test platforms including unit & system tests.
- Understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, web functions and standards.
- Any exposure to cybersecurity, especially related to financial data protection.